Sunday 31 May 2015

Broccoli Stem Soup


I ordered broccoli stems from bigbasket.com. They were quite fibrous and difficult to chop. So, I could'nt think of anything else but a nice warm soup!!! It turned out very tasty and everyone at home liked it. Here is the recipe.




Ingredients:

Broccoli stems - 1/2 kg
Onions - 2
Cloves - 2
Cinnamon stick - 1/2 inch
Bay leaf - 1
Garlic flakes - 5
Oil - 1 tsp
Water - 1 or 2 cups

Method:





Pressure cook broccoli stems, onions, cloves, cinnamon and bay leaf for 3 whistles. Check if the broccoli stem is well cooked. If not, pressure cook for more time till it becomes soft.

Grind to a fine paste and sieve. Crush garlic in a mortar and pestle. Roast the crushed garlic in a tsp of oil and add to the soup. 



Add water and bring to a boil. Add salt and pepper to your taste.

Submitting this recipe to "Credit Crunch Munch" and "No croutons required"







7 comments:

  1. I'm doing the roundup for #CreditCrunchMunch but can't see that you've linked to myself or Fuss Free Flavours or included badge so I'm afraid unless you can add these by today and tweet me I won't be able to include! Instructions here: http://www.fabfood4all.co.uk/julys-credit-crunch-munch/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extremely sorry!!! Have updated the link now. Thank you....

      Delete
  2. Well, that is a great and appealing soup, but you didn't link to NCR either. Respect please.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Extremely sorry!!! Have updated the link now. Thank you....

      Delete
    2. Thank you. The round up will be up shortly.

      Delete
  3. I love broccoli stems, best part of the vegetable I think! Thanks for linking up.

    ReplyDelete